Trade Alert For Equity & ETF Models
After the large jump in stocks last week, which pushed many stocks into more overbought short-term conditions, we are continuing to use the rally to reduce overall equity risk in portfolios as we head into year-end.
In the Equity model, we are reducing both of our chip stocks which have had huge reversals by 0.5% each, along with Albemarle (ALB) and Goldman Sachs (GS). In the ETF model, we are reducing Basic Materials (XLB), Industrials (XLI), and Financials (XLF) for the same reason.
We suspect the market will trade off some following the Thanksgiving holidays and into the first couple of weeks of December, where we will look to reallocate back into some of these positions if the opportunity presents itself.
- Reduce both Nvidia (NVDA) and AMD (AMD) by 0.5% each after a large recent move.
- Take profits in Albemarle (ALB) after the recent surge and reduce position by 0.5% of the portfolio.
- Sell 0.5% of Goldman Sachs (GS) and take profits on the trade.
- Reduce Industrials (XLI) and Basic Materials (XLB) by 0.5% of the portfolio after the recent surge.
- Trim Financials (XLF) by 0.5% of the portfolio.
Lance Roberts is a Chief Portfolio Strategist/Economist for RIA Advisors. He is also the host of “The Lance Roberts Podcast” and Chief Editor of the “Real Investment Advice” website and author of “Real Investment Daily” blog and “Real Investment Report“. Follow Lance on Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In and YouTube
Customer Relationship Summary (Form CRS)