Trade Alert For Equity & ETF Models
This morning we trimmed back on Energy stocks after the recent run to take profits, which we have done multiple times this year. We are also continuing our tax-loss harvesting in the portfolio as well.
We are swelling 100% of Verizon (VZ) in the equity model for the tax loss. We still like Verizon fundamentally, particularly with a near 7% yield. We think it could continue to trade weaker over the next couple of weeks as mutual funds and professional managers do the same. We will likely buy it back after the first of the year. We also recently added Comcast (CMCSA) to replace Verizon (VZ.)
- Sell 100% of Verizon (VZ) for the tax loss
- Reduce Devon Energy (DVN) to 1.75% of the portfolio.
- Reduce Exxon Mobil (XOM) to 1.50% of the portfolio.
- Take profits in SPDR Energy Sector (XLE) and reduce by 1% of the portfolio.
- Reduce SPDR Technology Sector (XLK) by 1% of the portfolio.
Lance Roberts is a Chief Portfolio Strategist/Economist for RIA Advisors. He is also the host of “The Lance Roberts Podcast” and Chief Editor of the “Real Investment Advice” website and author of “Real Investment Daily” blog and “Real Investment Report“. Follow Lance on Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In and YouTube
Customer Relationship Summary (Form CRS)